Message Shrines are special features you can find throughout the world of Sky that allow you to create Message Candles. Message Candles are placed on Message Shrines, and contain a written message that your friends and potentially other players can see.
There are two different types of Message Shrines; Gratitude and Quest. They function in essentially the same way. Their similarities and differences are listed below:
- There are multiple Gratitude Shrines that are always present throughout all the levels.
- Only a single Quest Shrine will appear at a time as a quest, but they can be in many different places.
- While you can only place a single Message Candle at each shrine, you can have multiple Message Candles active at one time.
- Only friends with whom you’ve unlocked chat can see your Message Candles until they have received 3 likes. Then anyone can see them.
- You will receive 1 Heart if one of your Message Candles at a Gratitude Shrine gets enough likes. However, you cannot receive more than 1 Heart in this way every 48 hours.
- You will receive 1 Heart if one of your Message Candles at a Quest Shrine gets enough likes. However, you cannot receive more than 1 Heart in this way every 24 hours.
- All Gratitude Shrine candles are removed after 48 hours.
- All Quest Shrine candles are removed after 24 hours.
- Violating the chat policy prevents the message from appearing until the message has been updated to a version acceptable by the chat policy.
Please note that the number of likes required to earn a Heart from Message Candles and Message Boats will change as needed to help balance the game and prevent exploitation.
Message Boats function in the same way as Gratitude Shrines, with the following exceptions:
- Unlike Message Candles that must be placed at Message Shrines, Message Boats must be placed in water. However, some locations are restricted in order to prevent issues with gameplay.
- Message Boats are spells that must be obtained from the Spell Shop. For more information, see the “What is the Spell Shop?” FAQ
- You can only have a single message boat in each area. If you place a new boat, it will remove the older one.