There are a few different ways to know if your device is compatible with Sky. The first and perhaps easiest way to know is to see if the Play Store will allow you to download the app in the first place.
If you are able to download Sky, and are experiencing any performance issues, you might want to check if your device has the following qualities:
- ARM 64bit with Neon, GPU Adreno or Mali GPU (aka Snapdragon, Exynos, Kirin chipsets).
- Android version 8.0 (Oreo) or higher, recommended 9.0 or higher for best performance.
- OpenGLES 3.1 Extension Pack.
- Vulkan Version 1.0.3 or higher.
- Vulkan Level 0 or higher.
- 1.5gb RAM or more.
- 5-6 gb of storage to download and install, but the game should only take up about 1gb of space when it is complete.
Important - Some restrictions have prevented many Huawei devices from accessing essential Google services that would allow you to play on Sky. For more information, please see the FAQ on that topic here: https://thatgamecompany.helpshift.com/a/sky-children-of-the-light/?s=connection-performance&f=huawei-device-compatibility-issues&p=all
We are always looking for ways to make Sky available and perform better on more devices.
If you are already playing Sky on an iOS device, and would like to transfer your progress to an Android device when it is available, we encourage you to link your progress to a Google account. Follow these steps to prepare:
1) Run the Sky app.
2) Tap the Cog icon in the top-right corner of the screen to open the Main menu.
3) In the Main menu, tap the Account icon to access the Account menu.
4) In the Account menu you will find multiple tabs. The Google tab will allow you to link your Sky profile to a Google account.
The Recovery Code tab will display your unique Sky ID which can be used to recover your account if it ever gets lost, so we encourage you to keep a screenshot of this. Please remember not to share your Sky ID with others.
Doing this will protect your progress, and allow you to access your game from any other supported device as long as you are logged into the game Google account on that device.
Important - You may encounter problems playing Sky, or saving your progress on rooted devices. We advise against playing Sky in this way, and will be unable to provide support to devices that are rooted, as often the issues caused cannot be resolved by our team.