Welcome to the Season of Rhythm, the fourth season of Sky: Children of the Light. With this patch update comes many new and highly-anticipated items to collect, spirits to find, and additional fixes and polish. Read on to learn more.
Season of Rhythm
This weekend, a troupe of traveling performers will begin to arrive in the kingdom of Sky! The spirits are scattered across the lands and need your help to bring the show together.
Please note that those who previously purchased the Winter Season Adventure Pass or the Winter Musician’s Pack will automatically receive the Season of Rhythm Adventure Pass for free. However, this will not include the 20 bonus Seasonal Candles. Previously obtained items will appear as already collected in the Seasonal Spirits' friendship trees.
- Home is getting a snowy makeover, turning it into an ice rink and adding a stage for all you aspiring performers.
- Added a new Seasonal Spirit to Isle of Dawn.
- Added additional cosmetics to be in line with other seasons.
- Extended duration of seasons to approximately 10 weeks—ending on April 5th.
- All Spirits will be arriving on the first day of the Season, similar to Seasons of Gratitude and Lightseekers.
New (and Improved) Collectibles
Previously known as the Winter Season that was available during Limited Live for select regions prior to Global Launch, the Season of Rhythm brings a mix of new and improved returning items for you to collect:
- Four new Pants (1 not previously seen)
- Two new Capes
- Three new Music Sheets
- Four new Masks (1 not previously seen)
- Four new Hairstyles (1 not previously seen)
- Two new Instruments (1 not previously seen)
- Six new Expressions
- New Seasonal Pendant
- Two Ultimate Gifts
We will be celebrating the Lunar New Year with a Fireworks show on Friday January 24th and a Double Heart event beginning at 00:00 Friday January 24th PST (UTC-8) and ending on Monday January 27th at 23:59 PST (UTC-8).
Beginning Friday January 31st at 12:00 PST (UTC-8) and every other weekend thereafter (biweekly) Traveling Spirits from a previous season will appear in Home for a short time. Their memories will become available to relive for players who may have missed them; their friendship trees will also have something to offer for players who have already collected their expression. You will only be able to interact with the Traveling Spirits in-person while they are currently visiting for the weekend, so make sure to develop your friendship with the Spirits before they move on.
- Traveling Spirits will be available beginning on Friday at noon PST and depart the following Sunday at 23:59 PST (UTC-8) for a total of 60 hours. A countdown will reflect how much time is remaining before their departure when you interact with the spirit in Home.
- Currency costs will be different from their original season appearance. Shop items will use regular Candle, Heart, and Ascended Candle currencies to obtain.
- Additional Wing Buffs may be obtained from these Traveling Spirits with Ascended Candles.
- Previously obtained items will show up unlocked on the Traveling Spirit’s friendship tree.
- The first Traveling Spirit will be the Sassy Stance from the Season of Gratitude.
- Players must have completed the Valley of Triumph in order for the Traveling Spirit to appear in Home
Adventure Pass Gifting Changes
In an effort to provide transparency regarding changes to IAP, we want to go into detail about what is changing and our reasoning behind these decisions.
Thanks to your feedback we are introducing some changes to the Adventure Pass Gift Pack. We are adding the bonus 20 Seasonal Candles to each of the Gift Passes so that your friends may enjoy the same benefits of the Adventure Pass as you do. We agree that the gift passes not including the bonus candles created some unnecessary confusion for the recipients. To reflect the additional value of the bonus Seasonal Candles, the price of the Adventure Pass Gift Pack will be increasing from $14.99 USD to $19.99 USD. The standalone value of the candles is over $10.00 USD so we hope that you will continue to find the bundle a great deal. Furthermore, any unused Gift Passes will no longer expire at the end of the season.
We are retiring the Winter Musician Pack from the Store as the contents of this pack will become available to earn with Seasonal Candles during the Season of Rhythm.
We are adding a new pack to the Store called Gratitude Fur Cape Pack. The contents are similar to the Winter Musician Pack in that it contains two cosmetics and two music sheets from the Season of Gratitude that ran from 19 July to 2 September 2019. This pack will cost $19.99 USD. Please note that if you own any items from the Gratitude Fur Cape Pack, this item will not appear in the Shop in order to prevent players from purchasing items they already own.
We received a lot of feedback from players expressing their desire to purchase additional gift passes for their friends and family beyond the two available in the AP Gift Pack and we are excited to finally be able to offer this option. Additional gift passes can be purchased individually for $9.99 USD. These additional passes will also contain the bonus 20 Seasonal Candles. We continue to be astounded by the generous nature of our players and their desires to be able to gift friends Adventure Passes, Candles, and cosmetics and will continue to explore more gifting options in the future. Thank you all for truly embracing the spirit of Sky and spreading kindness to your fellow players.
New Player Experience
In our continued efforts to create a better new player experience we have made the following changes:
- All portals to Home within the social areas of each level have been replaced by meditation shrines with a confirmation menu so that players don’t accidentally return to Home instead of progressing through the level.
- Home teleport bird statues also removed from within level areas.
- Portals in Home will no longer resume from last checkpoint, they will always load to the beginning of the level so that friends will no longer become separated because of different checkpoints.
- Resume last checkpoint function is now done by using the new meditation circle in Home.
- Added teleport to Home button in the expression menu instead of being hidden in the utility menu.
- When used from Home button will also return you to your last checkpoint.
- Moved constellation gates to Prairie Cave and Nest and Keeper areas to ground level in the Butterfly Fields area.
- Winged Light and candle placements adjusted to accommodate level design changes.
- Added exit to Butterfly Catcher’s hut to streamline path to next area.
- Visual polish to Butterfly Fields area.
- Improvements to directional flow in Isle of Dawn.
Updates and Fixes
- Additional polish to existing Season of Winter cosmetics (pants, capes, masks) to highlight variances and be in line with current quality standards.
- Fixed the Winged Light inside the tree trunk at the top of the 8-player puzzle elevator in Daylight Prairie.
- Hint text for earning Hearts and Seasonal hearts updated for clarity.
- Fixed some visual bugs on friends’ avatars viewed in the Friendship Constellation.
- Fixed some load times on Android devices.
- Fixed issue where notification count on App icon wouldn’t disappear after collecting gifts from friends.
- Fixed crash occurring at the final sequence in Eye of Eden.
- Fixed issue where friend’s star remained dim after sending gift of light.
- Fixed issue where Record Video button would disappear.
- Fixed issue where UI was not reflecting when a controller is connected to the device.
- Fixed crash occurring after taking two screenshots on some Android devices.
- Fixed issue where tapping currency icons to forge candles or hearts would unintentionally open IAP menu.
- Fixed issue where Table and Bonfire were not working correctly.
- Fixed issue where screenshots on Android were appearing distorted.
- Fixed issue where camera and video buttons were unavailable while Firework staff is equipped.
- Fixed visual bug when switching props with an open umbrella.
- Fixed issue where Play button would not appear on first boot after signing into Game Center.
- Additional performance improvements for Android devices.
- Removed Winter Musician Pack from the Store.
- Updated the Glow spell to be less visually intrusive.
As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback, and encourage you to join us in that discussion on our official Discord server at discord.gg/thatskygame!