We have just released another hotfix to address bugs introduced with Patches 0.9.2 and 0.9.3:
- Fixed overheating issue introduced with graphics optimizations
- Calling will now properly reveal the position of friends and acquaintances (players you have lit candles to reveal their appearance but are not friends with)
- Strangers (shades/grey characters) will still be hidden
- When you use a deep call (charged shout) it will reveal your position to all players in the area (prior to patch 0.9.2 calling revealed all players’ positions to you)
- Fixed issue with warping icon not appearing above friends’ heads
- Fixed issues with Flower accessory
- Props now appear correctly on your back
- Removed phantom lithophone (xylophone) from appearing in addition to your equipped prop when wearing the Flower Accessory
- Fixed issue with being unable to open gates when another player is nearby
- Fixed issue with a Blessing on the Sneak spirit requiring the Adventure Pass to unlock before reaching the black cape
What do these changes to the call (shout) functionality mean?
Prior to Patch 0.9.2 when you tapped on your player character, a star icon would appear, revealing all players in the level to you. In Patch 0.9.2, this was changed to only reveal players you were friends or acquaintances (lit their candle/no longer appear grey) however this change was not working correctly. When you used a call, it would also show an eye icon, allowing you to automatically follow another player, regardless of their status as friend, acquaintance, or stranger. After patch 0.9.2, you can now only auto-follow players you are friends with.
Patch 0.9.3 and Patch 0.9.4 changes now correctly reveal friends and acquaintances when you call (shout). When using a deep call (charged shout) it will reveal your location to others players, friends, acquaintances, and strangers alike.
The goal of these changes was to prevent players from engaging in poorly intentioned behavior, such as griefing, and allow for more consent-driven interactions between players who have not made friends. We will continue to monitor the impact of these changes and welcome your thoughts on these changes and how they affect the community.
Thank you so much for your patience while we work to fix bugs and errors introduced in the recent patches.
As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback, and encourage you to join us in that discussion on our official Discord server at discord.gg/thatskygame!