The Season of Sanctuary is under way! This update includes a number of bug fixes and polish for Sanctuary Islands and upcoming Treasure quests.
Double Treasure Candles
Beginning at 00:00 PDT (UTC-7) August 17th, seek out treasure candles (large red candle clusters) in two realms (marked by candles near the portal in Home) each day. Can you find all eight? This event concludes 23:59 PDT (UTC-7) August 23rd.
Reminder that Traveling Spirits appear every two weeks. Traveling Spirits will appear on the following upcoming dates:
- August 6th
- August 20th
- September 3rd
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Expressions can now be used while riding mantas without falling off
- Easier to ride amongst smaller birds
- Additional polish to waterfalls and clouds in Sanctuary Islands
- Fixed timing and camera shots issue in some Sanctuary Islands cutscenes
- Turned interior of a small rock formation into a small cave for players to find
- Polish to music
- Fixed issue with treasure quest murals appearing when the quest is not active
- Improvements to hint text for treasure hunt quests in Sanctuary Islands
- Improvements to localization for Korean, Spanish, and Italian text
- Fixed issue where players could get stuck in a map hole when charged by a crab
- Improvements to network connections that prevent players from progressing through a level change
- Fixed some stretched textures in Golden Wasteland graveyard
- Fixed unintended terrain indentation on floating islands in Nest area of Daylight Prairie
- Fixed frame delay and clipping on ShortBobRound and Undercut hairstyles
- Improvements for lower end devices
- Optimizations to improve memory usage for better performance
- Improvements to back end data to handle previous seasonal content, may result in some expression icons appearing in a different order in the expression menu.
- Fixed artifacting and clipping occurring near waterfalls under some circumstances
- Improvements to terrain in Sanctuary Islands to improve performance
- Increased size of level link to access Nest are of Daylight Prairie to prevent players from not loading into the area correctly
- For devices whose primary language is set to Korean, Twitter link now correctly redirects to @thatskygameKR
- Fixed issue where other players could be seen in the falling star cutscene when returning to Home after completing Eye of Eden
- Fixed issue with Exhausted Dock Worker’s friendship tree
- Fixed issue with meditate button overlapping with cog menu icon
- Fixed stretching issue with screenshots and video recordings
- Resolved visual issue where the hanging flags on the left side of the Prairie Village temple are not attached to anything
- Fixed floating pole by adding a base in Forgotten Ark
- Added IAP message for purchases that are still processing. Prevents duplicate purchases.
- Changes to the game server to help with authority/disconnect issues
As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback, and encourage you to join us in that discussion on our official Discord server at discord.gg/thatskygame!