The Serendipity feature allows players with unique qualities to match with other players who are online and not already their friend. This system uses a variety of qualities to match these players including:
- Players you are already friends with on Facebook. This only applies to players who have linked their Sky account to Facebook.
- Players who own one or more STAR pins who have linked them to their Sky account.
Important - As this feature matures, this list of qualities may change.
To utilize the Serendipity matchmaking system, follow these steps:
- Open the Light constellation in the Home space.
- If you have a match, a star with a red notification dot will appear.
- Tap the star to cause the matched player’s character to appear.
- Their social menu you can teleport to that player like you could a friend.
The matched player will have a tag over their head so you can recognize them. You can shout to reveal the tag if they are too far away, but it will appear automatically if you are close to them.
Important - Even if you do not use the button in the Light constellation, these same tags will appear over players heads as you explore the world and connect with people naturally.