[Update - August 17 10:22AM PDT]
- An update has been released for Android devices that should resolve crashes introduced with this patch.
[Update - August 12 11:56AM PDT]
- Update is out for Android devices that should address players logging into a black screen.
[Update - August 11 4:50PM PDT]
We are aware of issues affecting players on select Android devices and are working to resolve
them. We do not currently have an ETA for a fix, but will share when we know more.
The team has confirmed the following issue and is currently investigating
- For devices that use Japanese as the primary language, the confirmation menu for gifting a heart to a friend "in-person" displays a developer note (in English) about changing the English text to more closely match the existing Japanese text.
We are aware of the following bugs that are ongoing or were introduced with the arrival of Patch 0.14.5:
- Some players may experience crashes near the geyser in Sanctuary.
- Meditation shrines and other objects may not render appropriate textures.
- Player names may be stuck on screen after closing out friendship constellations.
- PS4 controllers currently do not work with Android 11 devices. We do not recommend using this configuration until they learn to get along again.
- The Summer Lantern button can overlap with friendship menu confirmation boxes when trying to use the lantern and make friends at the same time.
- Certain sources of Light that have a limit to how much Light that can be collected from them, such as the geyser in Sanctuary, may show particles that a player appears unable to pick up. This happens after a player has collected the amount available for the day, and players who are affected by this bug do receive the full amount of Light possible from these sources.
- Android devices using certain Mali and Adreno GPUs may load a black screen when trying to start the game.
- Certain Android architectures experience crashes when loading the game. This affects primarily Xiaomi devices, and to a lesser extent Redmi and Huawei devices as well.
- Players are pushed into the air when using friendship emotes while on the gondola in the Dreams Village.
- Pendants from preorders for the next season will initially appear with the symbol from the Season of the Little Prince. However, these will automatically change to the symbol for the upcoming season once it begins.
As always, thank you for your help in reporting bugs through our Discord channels, and we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to find solutions for these issues as quickly as we can!
Not a bug:
- If a group leader shouts at crabs and flips them over for a quest, the other players holding hands in the group do not automatically receive quest credit without also shouting and flipping crabs over. This is currently working as intended. The forces of darkness demand that you shout at them to complete a quest.